Your child and his/her teachers have been working hard to prepare for the end of the semester assessments and now the time has arrived! The district assessment is used to collect student data to guide instruction. Please do not schedule appointments on testing days and encourage your child to do well on the tests and help them at home by doing the following:
- Discuss the tests with your child. Talking about the tests will help ease your child’s worries and show him/her that you are interested
- Make sure your child goes to bed early and gets plenty of rest. Students’ minds and bodies need to be ready for a full day of trying their best.
- Make sure your child eats a good breakfast. It is difficult for students to think and do their best if their stomach is empty.
- Arrive to school on time. Being late may cause your child to feel rushed and nervous. Arriving on time will help your child feel relaxed and ready to do his/her best.
- Send your child to school with words of encouragement. Hearing, “You can do it!” or “I have confidence in you!” from you means a lot to your child.
Below is the Testing Schedule:
- Tuesday, December 10 (7:45 am – 10:05 am): 4th Grade Writing, 5th Grade Science
- Wednesday, December 11 (7:45 am – 10:05 am): 3rd, 4th, 5th Grade Math
- Thursday, December 12 (7:45 am – 10:05 am): 3rd, 4th, 5th Grade Reading
Thank you for your continued support!